Babylon Jug-Handle
I have been unable to find a name for this jug-handle arch, so for now I've named it Babylon Jug-Handle, since it is very close to the
Babylon Arch trailhead. We found it while exploring around near the trailhead. There is another arch high in the cliffs very close to this one, which I called
Babylon Window. There is also an arch marked "Natural Arch" on my Natural Atlas app, which is actually
Painted Arch nearby, or another arch that I wasn't able to see.
To reach the
Babylon Arch Trailhead, take I-15 until the Leeds/Silver Reef exit (exit #22) and follow Leeds through Main Street until you reach 900 North. Follow 900 North for about 4 miles and pass the Sand Cove Trailhead. Turn right onto the Babylon Arch trailhead. If your car has high clearance and exceptional 4wd capabilities, you can drive all the way to the fence where the trailhead is. When facing the trailhead, you can walk to the left to find both the Babylon Jughandle Arch and the Babylon Window. Hopefully google maps directions would also bring you to the trailhead.
 |
| View of Babylon Jug-handle from a distance |
 |
| The drive in to Babylon Arch trailhead |
Whether you're driving or hiking, watch out for the desert tortoise! We saw two of them on our hike.
 |
| Babylon Arch |
 |
| Painted Arch |
 |
| Arch off in the distance as taken from Babylon Arch trailhead |
.JPG) |
| Babylon Window high in the cliffs near Babylon Arch trailhead |
.png) |
| The Babylon Jug-Handle is very near the Babylon Arch trailhead on this map. The google maps location is here: Babylon Arch |
Other Arches in the St. George Area
Here are some resources to enhance your hiking experience in and around St. George Utah.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment