I have not been able to discover the name of this little arch that is just past mile marker 12 on Catalina Highway as you drive up Mount Lemmon in Tucson, Arizona. It is about 3 miles before the majestic Rocky Arch. For now, I've decided to call it Catalina Highway Arch. Park your car just after mile marker 12, and you'll see this off the left edge of the road. It is not visible as you drive on the highway, you have to get out of your car.
My favorite rocks are the ones with holes in them! My love for arches began during the two and a half years that our family lived in Moab, Utah. We spent many hours every week hiking to arches and other beautiful sites in this red-rock wonderland. Whenever I visit Moab now, I always feel like I'm coming home. This website is a collection of arches that I have visited from all over the world. View this site as a webpage to see the full list of arches in the sidebar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eye of the Sinks Arch
Eye of the Sinks Arch Lander, Wyoming Eye of the Sinks Arch, September 2026 Quick Stats: .43 miles each way 372 foot elevation gain 7,...
-
Warm Springs Natural Bridges This hyperlink will take you to the location of Warm Springs Natural Bridges: Google Maps If you ask anyone l...
-
Blackwater Natural Bridge Deep in the Wyoming wilderness is one of Wyoming's greatest natural wonders - an arch that is rumored to be on...
-
Babylon Arch Babylon Arch Babylon Arch is a must-see if you're in the Hurricane, Utah area. We were visiting Saint George for a family ...
No comments:
Post a Comment