Sheep Mesa Arch
We hiked the Blackwater Natural Bridge trail (My Blackwater Natural Bridge post is at this link), which was 8.5 miles one way and 17 miles round-trip, and we saw this mysterious arch up in the cliffs on Sheep Mesa as we were hiking. It appeared at exactly mile 7.05 of the hike. I asked the Wapiti Forest Service office what the name of the arch was, but they didn't even know there was another arch out there. I decided to call it Sheep Mesa Arch until I can find out the real name of it.
| We could see the arch for about a mile of our hike. Sometimes you could clearly see the opening and other times you couldn't. |
| I wonder if we could have hiked and climbed under the arch. At the time it seemed pretty inaccessible, but looking at the photos now I am wondering... |
Here are some items that might enhance your visit to Wyoming:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you.
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment